|Current Court Information:|
|Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Sole practitioner|
|Past position 2:||Arbitrator, 8th Judicial District|
|Past term 2:||2004-2008|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1988|
|Law School:||Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, 1993|
|Candidate for:||Eighth District Court|
|Position:||Family Division, Dept. N|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Nevada judicial elections, 2014
| Harter is running for re-election to the Eighth Judicial District Court.
General: He will face Monti Jordana Levy in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Harter was elected to the Family Court in November 2008, winning 53.22% of the vote.
- 2009-Present: Judge, Clark County Family Court Department N
- 1995-2008: Sole practitioner
- 2004-2008: Arbitrator, Nevada Eighth Judicial District Court
- 1996-2004: Contract Attorney, Clark County Public Defender's Office
- 1994: Law Clerk for Alan R. Harter, Esq.
- 1993: Law Clerk for Jack Vogl, Esq.
- Law clerk for Gerald W. Hardcastle
2013 judicial performance evaluation
In 2013, the Las Vegas Review-Journal sponsored a survey of 902 lawyers who rated Nevada Supreme Court justices and judges located in Clark County. 71% of respondents voted in favor of keeping Harter on the bench. The average vote in favor of retention for all 88 judges evaluated was 71%.
- Nevada Lawyer Magazine, "Your New Judges," January 6, 2009
- Nevada Lawyer Magazine, "2012 Annual Meeting Report," August 11, 2012 Photo of Judge Harter and family
- Clark County Bar Association, Communique, August 2013 - Articles by Judge Harter: "Attorney's Fees at Family Court" (page 24) and "3 Mandatory Local Rules Pervasively Not Followed At Family Court" (page 26). Judge Harter's picture is also on the cover.
- Clark County Courts, Hon. Mathew P. Harter
- Mathew Harter information on the Clark County Bar Association web-site
- Clark County Nevada: Candidate Filing in Clark County Select "2014" for "Election Year"
- Clark County Nevada, "Election: Candidate Filing in Clark County," accessed February 13, 2014 Select "Election Year: 2014"
- Clark County, Election History: November 2008
- Nevada Lawyer Magazine, "Your New Judges," January 6, 2013
- Las Vegas Review Journal, "2013 Judicial Performance Evaluation," accessed September 23, 2014