Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|34th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Judge, Roscommon County Probate Court|
|Law School:||University of Notre Dame Law School|
Michael Baumgartner is a judge of the 34th Circuit Court in Michigan (counties of Ogemaw and Roscommon). He was first elected to this court on November 3, 1998, defeating Michael Matuzak by only 5 votes. He took office the following January 1st and was re-elected in 2004 and 2010. His current six-year term ends on January 1, 2017.
Baumgartner worked as a Roscommon County Prosecutor from 1977 to 1980 and again from 1984 to 1986. From 1986 to 1998, he was a Roscommon County Probate Court. He was then elected to the circuit court in 1998.
- Main article: Michigan judicial elections, 2010
- Michigan 1998 Election Results: 34th Circuit Court
- Michigan 2004 Election Results: 34th Circuit Court
- Michigan 2010 Election Results: 34th Circuit Court
- List of Michigan Circuit Courts
- The Houghton Lake Resorter, "Baumgartner to seek third term as 34th Circuit Judge," February 4, 2010
- Ogemaw County: Circuit Court Staff
- Michigan 2010 candidate list