Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Active:||1991 - 1/1/2015|
|Past position:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Wayne County|
|Past term:||1987 - 1990|
|Undergraduate:||Sacred Heart Seminary|
|Law School:||Wayne State University Law School|
|Grad. School:||Catholic University of Louvain|
Biography and Education
Callahan received his B.A. degree from Sacred Heart Seminary in 1965, his M.A. degree from the Catholic University of Louvain in 1969 and his J.D. degree from Wayne State University Law School in 1975. He also studied canon law at the Catholic University of America, receiving his J.C.L. in 1979. In addition to his legal career, he also worked as a Catholic priest until he got married.
Callahan began his career in 1979 as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney of St. Clair County, MI. He then became a sole practitioner in 1981, specializing in criminal defense and the employment division until returning to the position of Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in 1987, this time for Wayne County. He worked in that capacity until he was elected to the Circuit Court in 1990.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association: Honorable Michael James Callahan
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Detroit News, "Michigan high court rules race can't be considered in jury pick", June 29, 2010 (Scroll to end of page 2)
- ↑ Michigan 1996 Election Results
- ↑ Michigan 2002 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- ↑ Michigan 2008 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- ↑ 3rd Circuit
- ↑ List of Michigan Circuit Courts