|Michael E. Jackson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio|
|Preceded by:||Ronald Suster|
|Past position:||Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Cuyahoga County, Ohio|
|Past position 2:||Of Counsel/Partner, Schwarzwald, McNair & Fusco, LLP|
|Past term 2:||1993-2006|
|Undergraduate:||Ohio University, 1966|
|Law School:||IIT/Chicago Kent College of Law, 1975|
|Candidate for:||Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||March 6, 2012|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
Michael E. Jackson is a judge on the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas General Division in Cleveland, Ohio. He was elected to the court in November 2012 to a full six-year term, which commenced on January 3, 2013 and expires on January 2, 2019.
- 2013-2019: Judge, Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio
- 2006-2012: Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- 1993-2006: Of Counsel/Partner, Schwarzwald, McNair & Fusco, LLP
- 1990-1992: Attorney, Solo practice
- 1985-1990: Partner, Tucker, Ellis & West, LLP
- 1980-1985: General Counsel, Towner Petroleum Co.
- 1976-1980: Attorney, East Ohio Gas Co.
- 1976: Admitted to the Ohio Bar
Awards and associations
- Former president and trustee, Shaker Heights Democratic Club
- Former Democratic precinct leader, Shaker Heights
- Executive Committee member, Cuyahoga County
- Cuyahoga County Coordinator, Vets4Kerry
Jackson defeated John F. Corrigan, Terease Neff and Emanuella Groves in the Democratic primary on March 6, winning 40.54% of the vote. He defeated Marilyn B. Cassidy in the general election on November 6, winning 53.28% of the vote.
Cleveland bar association ratings
According to the compiled results at Judge4Yourself.com, Jackson received a rating of 3.5 out of 4 by local Cleveland bar associations. Those break down as:
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association: Excellent
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association: Good
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association: Good-Preferred
- Ohio Women's Bar Association: Excellent
Jackson was endorsed by The Plain Dealer. To read the endorsement, visit: The Plain Dealer, "Plain Dealer endorses Michael Jackson, Keith E. Belkin and Steve Gall in Democratic primaries for Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court," February 11, 2012.
- Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, Website
- Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court: Judge Michael E. Jackson
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official Results for 2012 General Election"
- Ohio Judicial Conference: 2013 New Judges
- The Plain Dealer, "Cuyahoga County voters to decide judicial races," February 19, 2012
- Judge4Yourself.com: Michael E. Jackson, Biographical Information
- Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, Primary Election Candidates
- Judge4Yourself.com, 2012 November General Election Judicial Candidate Ratings