|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri|
|Station:||St. Louis, MO|
|Active:||11/2020 - Present|
|Undergraduate:||U. of Tennessee, B.S.|
|Law School:||St. Louis U., J.D.|
Nannette Baker is a federal magistrate judge for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. She was named to this position in November 2010 and will serve an eight year term, ending in 2018. She replaces Audrey Fleissig who was appointed District Judge.
Baker received her B.S. degree from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville and her J.D. degree from St. Louis University School of Law. Besides her legal career, she worked as a television reporter and anchor.
Baker worked as a law clerk to Judge Odell Horton of the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee before becoming a private practice lawyer. She has also worked as the chair of the St. Louis Board of Election Commissioners.
Prior to her appointment to the federal court, Baker was a judge of the Eastern District of the Missouri Court of Appeals. She was appointed to that position in 2004 and retained in 2006. She was also the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals in 2008 and 2009.
Awards and Associations
- Judge Theodore McMillian Award, 2007
- Legal Service Award, Mound City Bar Association, 2006
- Gallery of St. Louis Legal Pioneers
- Member, American Bar Association, Judicial Division
- Member, The Missouri Bar
- Member, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Member, Mound City Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers' Association of Greater St. Louis
- Member, National Bar Association, Judicial Council
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit