Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Appointed by:||Charlie Crist|
|Active:||10/2010 - 1/2019|
|Preceded by:||John A. Frusciante|
|Past post:||General Magistrate, 17th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past term:||1999 - 2010|
|Law School:||Florida State University|
|Candidate for:||Seventeenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
17th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was appointed by former Governor Charlie Crist on September 1, 2010. He was officially sworn in the following month to replace retired Judge John A. Frusciante. He was elected in 2012 to a full term that expires in January of 2019.
Lopane worked as a senior attorney in the Fort Lauderdale office of the Attorney General from 1994 to 1997. He then joined the law firm of Josias, Goren, Cherof, Doody and Ezrol, where he practiced until he became a general magistrate for the 17th Judicial Circuit Court in 1999. In 2010, he was appointed to the Circuit Court.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
- 17th Judicial Circuit Court: Unified Family Court Judges
- American Towns: Tallahassee, "Governor Crist Appoints Nicholas Lopane to Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court," September 3, 2010
- Sun Sentinel, "Gov. Crist swears in new Judge Lopane," October 22, 2010
- Florida Division of Elections: Nicholas Lopane, 2012
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing