Ola M. Lewis
|Ola M. Lewis|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Fourth Division of the Superior Court, North Carolina|
|Title:||Senior Resident Superior Court Judge|
|Position:||13B Judicial District|
|Past position:||Special Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District|
|Past position 2:||District Court Judge, 13th Judicial District|
|Past term 2:||1993-2000|
|Undergraduate:||Fayetteville State University|
|Law School:||North Carolina Central University|
|Candidate for:||Supreme Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Ola M. Lewis is the Senior Resident Superior Court judge for the 13B Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court, serving Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties in North Carolina. Lewis became a resident superior court judge in 2002 for Judicial District 13B. In 2003, she became the senior resident superior court judge of Judicial District 13B when District 13 was split into two sections, 13A and 13B, due to the population growth of Brunswick County. Her current term expires in 2018.
| Lewis is running for election to the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Lewis announced, in June 2013, her intention to run against Associate Justice Cheri Beasley in 2014.
- 2003-2018: Senior Resident Superior Court Judge, 13B Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 2002-2003: Resident Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 2000-2002: Special Superior Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 1993-2000: District Court Judge, 13th Judicial District of the Fourth Division of the Superior Court
- 1991-1993: Assistant District Attorney in the 13th Prosecutorial District, Bladen, Brunswick and Columbus counties
- 1990-1991: Law Clerk, Thigpen, Blue, Stephens and Fellers in Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1990: Admitted to the North Carolina Bar
Lewis was re-elected after running unopposed.
- See also: North Carolina judicial elections, 2010
- WECT Channel 6, "Judge Ola Lewis to run for State Supreme Court," June 21, 2013
- The North Carolina Court System: Brunswick County - District 13
- The North Carolina Court System: Bladen County - District 13
- The North Carolina Court System: Columbus County - District 13
- Brunswick County News, THE RANT: "Judge Ola Lewis...more the politician, less a judge," July 18, 2011
- WAVY.com, "NC court: Election blog libeled judge," May 2, 2012
- Brunswick County Judicial directory
- North Brunswick Magazine, "Judge Ola M. Lewis: A Passion for Public Service," accessed June 21, 2013
- News Observer, "Justice Beasley will run for her seat in 2014," September 18, 2013
- WWAY Channel 3, "FIRST ON 3: Judge Ola Lewis to run for Supreme Court, appear on Fox News tonight," June 21, 2013
- Martindale.com, Judge Profile: Ola M. Lewis
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, 2010 Candidate Filing List