P. Thomas Thornbrugh
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Mary Fallin|
|Past post:||District 14 Court Judge|
|Undergraduate:||Emporia State University|
|Law School:||University of Tulsa|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||67.3%|
P. Thomas Thornbrugh is an Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals Judge. He was appointed to this position September 2, 2011 by Republican Governor Mary Fallin. He was retained in 2012 and his current term expires in 2018.
Thornbrugh formerly served Oklahoma as a district court judge for Tulsa County from 1997 until 2011. The court is located in District 14 of the 26 Oklahoma District Courts. He also served as prosecuting attorney for the city of Bixby and as a municipal court judge for the city of Tulsa. Thornbrugh also served as a legislative advisor for U.S. Senator Dewey Bartlett.
Awards and associations
- Member, Res Nova law review
- Conference Executive Board Member, Oklahoma Judicial Conference
- President, Council of Presiding Judges
- Member, Council of Presiding Judges, legislative committee
- Adjunct Professor, University of Tulsa
- Adjunct Professor, St. Gregory’s University
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2012
Thornbrugh was re-elected after running unopposed.
- Main article: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2010
- Press Release, Governor Mary Fallin's Office, 9/2/2011
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Unofficial 2012 General Election Results Scroll to p.17
- Tulsa County and Judges
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Official 2012 General Election Results - Judicial Retention
- Oklahoma.gov: Candidates for General Election, November 6, 2012 Scroll to p.13
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, Candidates for State Elective Office 2010
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|