Patricia S. Joyce
|Patricia S. Joyce|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri 19th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past position:||Associate judge, 19th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Past position 2:||Assistant prosecuting attorney, Cole County|
|Past term 2:||1983-1994|
|Undergraduate:||Southeast Missouri State University, 1976|
|Law School:||St. Louis University School of Law, 1979|
|Candidate for:||19th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Pat Joyce is the presiding circuit court judge for Division 4 of the 19th Judicial Circuit Court in Missouri. Joyce was elected as circuit judge in 2006 and her current term will expire in 2014.
- See also: Missouri judicial elections, 2014
| Joyce is running for re-election to the 19th Judicial Circuit Court.
Primary: She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 5, 2014.
General: She will face Brian Stumpe in the general election on November 4, 2014.
A Missouri political action committee (PAC) funded by the Republican State Leadership Committee had funneled $200,000 into Republican Brian Stumpe's campaign as of mid-October. About $78,000 of this money was put toward a media buy for TV ads supporting Stumpe and criticizing incumbent Judge Patricia S. Joyce, a Democrat, for being "groovy" for “radical environmentalists.” The 19th Circuit covers the Missouri state capital, Jefferson City, which is where lawsuits against the state must typically be filed. Control of this court is therefore highly advantageous for political parties as it relates to potential legal challenges of state laws.
- 2002-2014: Judge, 19th Judicial Circuit Court
- 1994-2002: Associate judge, 19th Judicial Circuit Court
- 1983-1994: Assistant prosecuting attorney, Cole County
- 1980-1983: Staff attorney, Mid-Missouri Legal Services
Awards and associations
- Member, St. Joseph Cathedral
- Member, Chief Justice Advisory Council
- Member, State Judicial Records Committee
- Member, Circuit Court Budget Committee
- Member, Missouri Association of Drug Court Professionals
- News: Judge Joyce Rejects Legal Challenge Over Newly Drawn Missouri House Districts, February 14, 2012
- News: Judge Joyce rejects Voter ID Law proposal, March 29, 2012
- Cole County Courts, "19th Judicial Circuit Court"
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial Candidate Filing List: Primary"
- courts.mo.gov, "19th Judicial Circuit," accessed on September 2, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State Website, "Missouri Circuit Court Judges," accessed on September 2, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial Candidate Filing List: Circuit Judge - Circuit 19 Division 4," accessed April 3, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "UnOfficial Results," updated August 7, 2014, accessed August 7, 2014
- News Tribune, "Joyce targeted in TV ad by Washington-based GOP group," October 15, 2014
- Gavel Grab, "National Group Backs Local Court Candidate; JAS Voices Concern," October 15, 2014