|Current Court Information:|
|California Second District Court of Appeal|
|Appointed by:||Gov. George Deukmejian|
|Past post:||Judge, Superior Court of Los Angeles County|
|Undergraduate:||California State College, 1969|
|Law School:||University of California - Los Angeles, 1972|
|Military service:||Army National Guard|
|Candidate for:||2nd District Court of Appeal|
|Election information 2014:|
Paul Turner is the presiding justice on the Second District, Division Five of the California Courts of Appeal. He was appointed by former Governor George Deukmejian and took his oath of office on August 28, 1990. He was retained by voters in 2002 and 2003. His current term expires on January 5, 2015. He ran for retention in 2014.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2014
|Turner was retained to the 2nd District Court of Appeal with 75.1% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
Paul Turner graduated with a B.A. in political science from California State College at Long Beach in 1969. He then graduated from the school of law at the University of California - Los Angeles in 1972.
From 1973 to 1983, he worked as a private practice lawyer in Encino and Los Angeles. He was then appointed to the Los Angeles Municipal Court. In 1985, he was appointed to the Superior Court of Los Angeles County. He has also served on the Intergovernmental Advisory Council on Alcohol, Drugs, and Traffic Safety and, for a year, he worked as a law and motion civil judge.
Turner served in the Army National Guard.
Awards and associations
- Bernard Jefferson Award For Distinguished Service in Judicial Education, California Judges Association
- Person of the Year Award, Metropolitan News Enterprise
- Roger J. Traynor Appellate Justice of the Year Award, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Distinguished Alumnus, California State University at Long Beach
- California Secretary of State, "California Judicial Branch 2014 Roster" Scroll to page 3
- California Secretary of State, "General Election -November 4,2014 Official Certified List of Candidates," August 28, 2014
- ‘’California Secretary of State’’, “Court of Appeal: Results of All Districts,” accessed November 5, 2014
- California Courts, "Paul Turner biography"