Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Ronald Reagan|
|Preceded by:||Philip Nichols|
|Home State:||New York|
|Undergraduate:||Vassar College, 1947|
|Law School:||New York U. Law, 1958|
|Grad. School:||Columbia U., 1948; Yale U., 1952|
Pauline Newman is a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. She joined the court in 1984 after being nominated by President Ronald Reagan.
Newman graduated from Vassar with her bachelor's degree in 1947 and later graduated from Columbia-New York with her Master's degree in 1948 and later graduated from Yale with her Doctorate degree in 1952 and later graduated from New York (NYU) Law with her Bachelor of laws degree in 1958.
- 1969-1984: Director, Patent, Trademark, and Licensing Department, FMC Corporation, New York City and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1961-1962: Science policy specialist, Department of Natural Sciences, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- 1954-1984: Patent attorney and house counsel, FMC Corporation, New York City and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 1951-1954: Research scientist, American Cynamid Company.
Newman was nominated by Ronald Reagan on January 30, 1984 to a seat vacated by Philip Nichols after Nichols assumed senior status. Newman was Confirmed by the Senate on February 27, 1984 on a senate vote and received commission on February 28, 1984.
- Judge Newman's Biography from the Federal Judicial Center
- Judge Newman's Biography at the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
|Federal judicial offices|
Chief Judge: Randall Rader • Kathleen M. O'Malley • Sharon Prost • Pauline Newman • Kimberly Moore • Alan Lourie • Timothy Dyk • Evan Wallach • Jimmie V. Reyna • Richard Gary Taranto • Raymond Chen • Todd Hughes
|Former judges||Paul Michel • Arthur Gajarsa • Daniel Friedman • Glenn Archer • James Almond • Jean Bissell • Phillip Baldwin • Marion Bennett • Arnold Cowen • Oscar Davis • Shiro Kashiwa • Don Laramore • Howard Markey • Jack Miller • Philip Nichols • Helen Nies • Giles Rich • Byron Skelton • Edward Smith • Edward Samuel Smith •|
|Former Chief judges|