R. Brooke Jackson
|R. Brooke Jackson|
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the District of Colorado|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||8/2/2011 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Phillip Figa|
|Past post:||Colorado First Judicial District|
|Past chief:||2003 - 2011|
|Past term:||1998 - 2011|
|Home State:||Bozeman, MT|
|Law School:||Harvard Law '72|
Richard Brooke Jackson is a federal judge for the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. He joined the court in 2011 after an appointment from Barack Obama. Prior to appointment, Jackson was the Chief Judge for the Colorado First Judicial District Court.
Early life and education
District of Colorado
On September 29, 2010, President Obama nominated Jackson to serve on the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. Obama commented on the nomination stating, "Throughout their careers these individuals have shown a dedication to justice. I am proud to nominate them to serve the American people from the district court bench."
Jackson's nomination was returned to the President at the end of the 111th Congress. President Obama resubmitted the nomination on January 5, 2011.
Jackson received a unanimous rating of "Well Qualified" from the American Bar Association. Jackson's hearing was held on April 13, 2011 and you can find his Committee Questionnaire available here and his Questions for the Record available here. He was reported by the committee with unanimous approval on May 12, 2011.
- 1st Judicial District Homepage
- The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- My San Antonio, "Colorado closer to getting new federal judge" 5/13/2011
- Biography from Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Law Week Colorado, "Senate Confirms Brooke Jackson To Colorado’s U.S. Bench" 8/2/2011
- ↑ 1st Judicial District Judges
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The White House, Press Release: "President Obama Names Two to the United States District Court," September 29, 2010
- ↑ The White House, Press Release: "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate, 9/29/10"
- ↑ Biography from Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ Judicial Nomination Materials
|Federal judicial offices|
|District of Colorado
|Magistrate judges||David West • Kathleen Tafoya • Kristen Mix • Michael Hegarty • Craig Shaffer • Boyd Boland • Michael Watanabe • Gordon Gallagher •|
|Former Article III judges||
Moses Hallett • William E. Doyle • Edward Nottingham • Zita Weinshienk • John Porfilio • Robert E. Lewis • John Foster Symes • Olin Chilson • Alfred Arraj • Jean Breitenstein • James Carrigan • Phillip Figa • Sherman Finesilver • Daniel Sparr • Fred Winner • William Knous •
|Former Chief judges|