Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit|
|Appointed by:||George H.W. Bush|
|Preceded by:||Jean Bissell|
|Past post:||Judge, United States Court of Claims|
|Undergraduate:||Brigham Young U., 1974|
|Law School:||George Washington U. Law, 1978|
Randall Ray Rader is a federal judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He joined the court in 1990 after being nominated by President George H.W. Bush.
- 1988-1990: Judge, United States Court of Claims
- 1987-1988: Chief counsel and minority staff director, Subcommittee on Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- 1981-1988: Counsel, U.S. Sen.Orrin Hatch, Utah
- 1981-1986: Chief counsel, Subcommittee on the Constitution, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- 1978-1981: Counsel, U.S. Rep. Philip Crane, Illinois
- 1978-1981: Legislative director, United States House of Representatives Committee on Ways and Means
- 1975-1978: Legislative assistant, U.S. Rep. Virginia Smith, Nebraska.
Rader was nominated by President George H.W. Bush on June 12, 1990 to a seat vacated by Jean Bissell as Bissell died in active judicial service. Rader was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 3, 1990 on unanimous consent of the Senate and received commission on August 9, 1990. 
|Federal judicial offices|
Chief Judge: Randall Rader • Kathleen M. O'Malley • Sharon Prost • Pauline Newman • Kimberly Moore • Alan Lourie • Timothy Dyk • Evan Wallach • Jimmie V. Reyna • Richard Gary Taranto • Raymond Chen • Todd Hughes
|Former judges||Paul Michel • Arthur Gajarsa • Daniel Friedman • Glenn Archer • James Almond • Jean Bissell • Phillip Baldwin • Marion Bennett • Arnold Cowen • Oscar Davis • Shiro Kashiwa • Don Laramore • Howard Markey • Jack Miller • Philip Nichols • Helen Nies • Giles Rich • Byron Skelton • Edward Smith • Edward Samuel Smith •|
|Former Chief judges|