Richard A. Frye
|Richard A. Frye|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Ohio|
|Past position:||Partner, Chester Willcox & Saxbe, LLP|
|Law School:||Ohio State University|
Richard A. Frye is a judge for the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas in Columbus, Ohio. He first joined the court in 2005 and was re-elected to the court in November of 2010. His current term ends on January 8, 2017.
Prior to becoming a judge, Frye was a partner at the law firm of Chester Willcox & Saxbe, LLP.
Frye was re-elected after running unopposed.
Columbus Bar Association Judicial Performance Poll
In even numbered years, attorneys in Franklin County evaluate the performance of sitting judges in four categories and overall. Below are Judge Frye's ratings from 2012:
- Objectivity: 3.9
- Judicial temperament: 3.8
- Legal knowledge: 4.4
- Sentencing: 3.7
- Quality of opinions: 4.2
- Overall: 4.0 - Average overall score of judges was 3.8.
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas General Division, website
- Franklin County Court of Common Pleas General Division: List of Judges
- Ohio Judiciary, 2010 Unofficial General Election Results
- Columbus Business First, "A Conversation with Richard A. Frye," August 26, 2008
- Franklin County Board of Elections, Certified Candidate List, General Election - November 2, 2010 (dead link)
- Columbus Bar Association, 2012 Judicial Performance Poll (dead link)