Robert S. Hyatt
|Robert S. Hyatt|
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Second Judicial District|
|Past position:||Second District Judge|
|Undergraduate:||St. Louis University|
|Law School:||University of Missouri|
Robert S. Hyatt is a judge for the Second Judicial District Court in Colorado. He was appointed to this position in November of 1987. On March 5, 2010 Hyatt was appointed Chief Judge of the court.
Hyatt graduated from St. Louis University with a degree in English. He worked as a television news reporter and anchorman prior to his legal career. He received his law degree from the University of Missouri in 1977.
Hyatt began his legal career as a private practice attorney. He also served in the Colorado Attorney General's Office. In May of 1984, he joined the Denver County Court bench. He was promoted to the 2nd District Court in 1987.
Judge allows recall election to proceed
- 2nd Judicial District Homepage
- Denver Post, "Colorado redistricting judge unafraid to issue controversial decisions," October 22, 2011
- Denver Post, "Denver judge in redistricting trial allows three new maps after closing arguments," November 1, 2011
- Official biography of Judge Robert S. Hyatt
- The Denver Post "Hyatt named chief judge for Denver District Court," March 5, 2010
- The Washington Times, "Latest win for Colorado gun-rights activists: Recall election set Sept. 10," July18, 2013
- Colorado Statesman, "Recall elections are on!," July 18, 2013