Robert L. McGahey Jr.
|Robert L. McGahey Jr.|
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Second Judicial District|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Bill Owens|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||University of Denver|
|Candidate for:||Second Judicial District|
|Election information 2014:|
Robert L. McGahey Jr. is a judge for the Colorado Second Judicial District Court. He was appointed to this position in January of 2000 by former Governor Bill Owens. His initial term was for two years; he therefore had to stand for retention in 2002 and 2008. Both bids were successful. His current term expires in 2014.
McGahey ran for retention in the 2014 election.
- See also: Colorado judicial elections, 2014
|McGahey Jr. was retained to the Second Judicial District with 73.0% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
Judicial performance evaluation
The Colorado Commissions on Judicial Performance recommended that Judge McGahey be Retained. The full report is available here.
McGahey worked as a private practice lawyer for more than 25 years prior to his judicial appointment in 2000. He is also an adjunct professor at the University of Denver College of Law.
- Colorado Second Judicial District
- Courts in Colorado
- Colorado judicial elections, 2014
- Judicial selection in Colorado
- Colorado Judicial Branch, "Robert L. Mcgahey Jr.," accessed September 8, 2014
- Equal Justice Foundation, "Second Judicial District," accessed September 8, 2014
- See Judicial selection in Colorado
- Colorado Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Unofficial Candidate List," accessed September 4, 2014
- ‘’Colorado Secretary of State’’, “General Election Results,” November 4, 2014