Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|First Superior Court District of Georgia|
|Position:||Brunswick Judicial Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Nathan Deal|
|Preceded by:||Amanda F. Williams|
|Past post:||Representative on the Georgia General Assembly|
|Undergraduate:||Georgia State University|
|Law School:||Mercer University|
|Candidate for:||Superior Court, Brunswick|
|Election information 2014:|
Roger Lane is a judge on the Brunswick Circuit of Georgia. He was appointed by Governor Nathan Deal in March 2012 to fill the seat vacated by Amanda F. Williams. Lane was elected to a full term in 2014 which expires in 2018.
Prior to joining the court, Lane served on the Glynn County school board for eight years, and in the Georgia General Assembly for eight years. Lane has practiced law in the Brunswick circuit since 1976, when he was admitted to the Georgia Bar; he focused on clients with lung ailments and those affected by asbestos.
- See also: Georgia judicial elections, 2014
| Lane ran for re-election to the First Superior Court, Brunswick Circuit.
General: He defeated Mary Helen Moses in the general election on May 20, 2014, receiving 64.4% of the vote.
Awards and associations
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
- First Superior Court District of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Courts in Georgia
- Georgia judicial elections, 2014
- The Florida Times-Union, "Georgia Rep. Roger B. Lane getting vacant Brunswick circuit judgeship," March 30, 2012
- Martindale, "Roger B. Lane profile," accessed March 1, 2013
- Georgia.gov', "Deal appoints Brunswick Judicial Circuit judge," March 29, 2012
- Tribune Georgian, "Deal appoints Lane to Superior Court," April 5, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State: Qualifying Candidate Information, accessed March 13, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, “Statewide Election Results,” May 20, 2014