|Rosemarie Elizabeth Aquilina|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|30th Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Michigan 55th District Court Judge|
|Undergraduate:||Michigan State University|
|Law School:||Thomas M. Cooley Law School|
Rosemarie Elizabeth Aquilina is a judge for the 30th Circuit Court in Ingham County, Michigan. She was elected on November 4, 2008 (effective January 1st) for a 6 year term that ends on January 1, 2015.
Aquilina worked as an attorney for 16 years prior to her judicial career, specializing in divorce and custody, family, and probate law. She was elected to the 55th District Court in November of 2004. She served there as Chief Judge until she was elected to the Circuit Court in 2008.
Judge rules Detroit's bankruptcy attempt is illegal
- Michigan 2008 Election Results: 30th Circuit Court
- 2008 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing
- List of Michigan Circuit Courts
- Martindale.com Profile
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education: Contributors: Hon. Rosemarie Aquilina
- Michigan.gov: Former Governors, "Governor Granholm Announces Judicial Appointments," December 23, 2008
- Bloomberg, "Michigan Judge Says Detroit Bankruptcy Should Be Dropped," July 19, 2013
- ABC News - Associated Press, "Mich. Judge: Detroit Bankruptcy Move Is Illegal," July 20, 2013
- USA Today.com, "State judge slows down process after ruling Friday that the bankruptcy is unconstitutional.," July 22, 2013