Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Undergraduate:||U. of Arizona, B.A., 1990|
|Law School:||U. of Arizona Law, J.D., 1993|
|Candidate for:||District of Arizona|
Federal judgeship nomination
|Court:||District of Arizona|
|Progress:||903 days since nomination.|
|Nominated:||June 23, 2011|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Qualified|
Two years after nomination
In 2011, Marquez was nominated alongside Jennifer Zipps, who was later confirmed in October 2011. As of October 2013, Marquez still had not received a hearing in the Senate Judiciary Committee. When Arizona Senators John McCain and Jeff Flake were asked about the nomination, both simply said, "No comment." 
Early life and education
Marquez attended the University of Arizona, earning her B.A. in 1990 and her J.D. three years later.
After law school, Marquez took a post as the Deputy County Attorney in the Pima County Attorney’s Office. In 1994, she took a post as the public defender for the Pima County Office of the Legal Defender. In 1996 she went on the join the Assistant Federal Public Defender for the Ninth Circuit. She left that post to begin private practice in 2000.
- CronkiteNews, "Two years later, Arizona federal judge nominee's fate still in limbo," June 21, 2013
- KVOA-TV, "Obama nominates Tucson lawyer and judge for federal bench," June 23, 2011
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 White House Press Office, "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate," June 23, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 White House Press Office, "President Obama Nominates Two to the United States District Court Bench," June 23, 2011
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 112th Congress Nomination Materials, Accessed June 25, 2013
- ↑ Cronkite News, "Two years later, Arizona federal judge nominee's fate still in limbo," June 21, 2013