|Current Court Information:|
|Missouri Court of Appeals|
|Past position:||Montgomery County Associate Circuit Judge, Juvenile Division|
|Past term:||1990 - 2006|
|Law School:||University of Missouri at Columbia|
Roy Richter is currently a judge serving on the Eastern District of the Missouri Court of Appeals. He was appointed to this position on January 6, 2006. He was retained in 2008 to a term ending in 2020.
From 1977 through 1978, he was the Montgomery County prosecuting attorney. He then became an Associate Circuit Judge for Montgomery County. From 1990 to 2006, he judged in the Juvenile Division of this court. He held this position until his appointment to the Court of Appeals.
Awards and associations
- Chief Justice's Award, 2002
- Missouri Association of Probate and Associate Circuit Judges (past president)
- Missouri Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges (past president)
- Missouri Bar Judicial Article Review Commission
- Missouri Supreme Court Committees
- Kiwanis Club of Montgomery City (past president)
Political Affiliation and Campaign Contributions