Rudolph Pyle III
|Rudolph Pyle III|
|Current Court Information:|
|Indiana Court of Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mitch Daniels|
|Preceded by:||Carr Darden|
|Past post:||Indiana Circuit Courts, Madison County judge|
|Law School:||Indiana University|
|Grad. School:||College of William & Mary|
|Candidate for:||Indiana Court of Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Rudolph Pyle III is a judge for the Indiana Court of Appeals; he was appointed by Governor Mitch Daniels on August 7, 2012. He was retained to the Indiana Court of Appeals on November 4, 2014, for a term that expires on December 31, 2024.
- See also: Indiana judicial elections, 2014
|Pyle III ran for retention to the Indiana Court of Appeals. The general election took place on November 4, 2014.|
- Main article: Indiana judicial elections, 2010
Pyle III ran for re-election to his seat on the 50th Circuit Court of Madison County of the Indiana Circuit Courts in 2010 and was successful. He received 7,487 of the votes in the primary. Opponent Kevin M. Eads received 6,597 votes.
Prior to his appointment to the Court of Appeals, he served as judge for the 50th Circuit Court of Madison County in the Indiana Circuit Courts. He was appointed to that position in 2009 after working as a law clerk for Judge Carr Darden from 2000 to 2004. Additionally, Pyle has previously worked as a deputy prosecutor in Madison County and in private practice.
- The Kokomo Perspective, "Daniels selects Pyle as new Indiana Court of Appeals judge," August 7, 2012
- Indiana Courts, "Judicial Retention 2014," accessed July 16, 2014
- The Herald Bulletin, "First filing day brings 22 candidates," January 20, 2010
- Indiana Courts, "Primary Election Results," 2010
- Martindale.com, "Rudolph Pyle III," accessed July 16, 2014
- Indiana Courts, "Judiciary Directory," accessed July 16, 2014 (dead link)
- The Indiana Lawyer, "Pyle: COA appointment an ‘awesome honor’," August 7, 2012