Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Alcovy Judicial Circuit, Georgia|
|Candidate for:||Alcovy Judicial Circuit|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||July 31, 2012|
Ozburn holds degrees from Oxford College of Emory University, The University of Georgia, and Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law.
After graduating from law school in 1976, he began to practice law in Covington, Georgia. He continued working in this capacity until his appointment to the Superior Court. He was appointed to the Alcovy Circuit by Governor Miller in 1995.
Georgia Supreme Court recommendation
Ozburn was one of 9 recommended candidates for a seat on the Georgia Supreme Court in 2009. With the retirement of Leah Ward Sears in June 2009, the Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission made a list of 9 candidates believed to be qualified to replace her. Governor Sonny Perdue selected David Nahmias for the appointment.
- See also: Georgia judicial elections, 2012
- Georgia Judicial Nominating Commission
- Tenth Superior Court District of Georgia
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Courts in Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- 10th Judicial District of Georgia: Alcovy Circuit
- Candidate judicial questionnaires from the Daily Report
- Ozburn not selected for Ga. Supreme Court, Covington News, August 13, 2009
- Administrative Office of the Courts, "Superior Court Directory," accessed May 4, 2014.
- "Nine on short list for state high court," Bill Rankin of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, July 02, 2009
- Samuel Ozburn's candidate questionnaire
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Preliminary List of Candidates on the July 31, 2012 General Non-Partisan Election Ballot," Accessed May 29, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "General Primary/General Nonpartisan/Special Election," accessed August 1, 2012