Shackley F. Raffetto
|Shackley F. Raffetto|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Maui Second Circuit Court, Hawaii|
|Title:||Former Chief Judge|
|Appointed by:||John D. Waihee III|
|Undergraduate:||California State University, Chico|
|Law School:||University of California, Hastings College of the Law|
Shackley F. Raffetto is a former chief judge of the Maui Second Circuit of Hawaii. He is also a former judge for the Maui Second Circuit Family Court of Hawaii. He was appointed to the Second Circuit in 1994 and became chief judge in 2000. His current term was set to expire on June 08, 2014, but he reached the mandatory retirement age in April of 2012. His position as chief judge of the Second Circuit was succeeded by Joseph E. Cardoza.
During Raffetto career, he served a captain in the Navy Reserve and as a lawyer in Hawaii.
Awards and Associations
- Hawaii State Judiciary's 2011 Jurist of the Year
- Defense Security Cooperation Agency Director's Award
Past associations include:
- The Committee on Jury Innovations for the 21st Century (Chairman)
- International moot court competitions (Judge)
- Maui Second Circuit Court, Hawaii
- News: Judge Shackley Raffetto receives award for exceptional judicial competence