|Current Court Information:|
|Texas Fourteenth District Court of Appeals|
|Past position:||Judge, 334th District Court|
|Undergraduate:||Southern Methodist University, 1981|
|Law School:||South Texas College of Law, 1990|
|Candidate for:||Texas Supreme Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2014
| McCally ran for election to the Texas Supreme Court.
Primary: She was defeated in the Republican primary on March 4, 2014, receiving 36.0% of the vote. She competed against Phil Johnson.
Below are the results of the 2014 judicial poll, conducted by the State Bar of Texas, which asked attorneys to cast a vote in favor of their preferred candidate in each appellate race.
|Place 8 Justice|
|RS Roberto Koelsch||835|
- See also: Texas judicial elections, 2010
McCally began her legal career as a clerk to David Hittner. One year later, she joined the firm Fisher, Gallagher, Perrin & Lewis, L.L.P. In 1997, McCally co-founded a law firm, where she served until she was elected to the 334th District Court in 2004. She worked as a district judge until her election to the appellate court in 2010.
- Texas Fourteenth District Court of Appeals
- Sharon McCally campaign website
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (A-L)"
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County (M-Z)"
- Texas Secretary of State, "Republican Party Primary Election, Unofficial Results," 2014
- State Bar of Texas "Judicial Poll results," 2014
- The Texas Appellate Law Blog, "2010 Primary Election Roundup," March 3, 2010
- Texas Secretary of State, Live Unofficial Election Results