Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Nebraska District 3|
|Past position:||Private practice lawyer|
|Past term:||1973 - 1997|
|Undergraduate:||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
|Law School:||University of Nebraska College of Law|
|Candidate for:||District 3 Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Retention vote %:||75.11%|
- See also: Nebraska judicial elections, 2012
2012 judicial performance evaluation
Every two years, the Nebraska State Bar Association compiles responses from lawyers to evaluate judges in the state. Subjects are rated in seven categories, then a determination is made for whether the judge should be retained. The seven categories considered are: legal analysis; impartiality; attentiveness; opinions; judicial temperament and demeanor; appropriate communication; and timeliness.
74.9 percent of respondents stated that Judge Burns should be retained in office. To read the full evaluation, see: Nebraska State Bar Association, 2012 Evaluation Results.
Burns worked as a private practice lawyer from 1973 until his appointment to the district court in 1997.
- News: Judge Burns Rules Former U.S. Senator Can Be On Primary Ballot, March 31st, 2012
- Official biography of Judge Steven D. Burns (dead link)
- Nebraska Judicial Branch, "District Court Judge Address List," accessed December 10, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State, Unofficial General Election Results: Judicial retention
- Nebraska Secretary of State, Judicial Candidate List for retention in office