Steven M. Nakashima
|Steven M. Nakashima|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|O`ahu First Circuit District Court, Hawaii|
|Preceded by:||Kenneth Enright|
|Undergraduate:||University of Hawaii|
|Law School:||Willamette University|
Steven M. Nakashima is a judge of the O`ahu First Circuit District Court of Hawaii. He was sworn in by Supreme Court Chief Justice Ronald Moon on August 26, 2010 to fill the seat of retired judge Kenneth Enright. His current term expires on August 25, 2016.
From 1999 until his appointment, Nakashima worked for Marr Jones & Wang. From 1994 to 1999, Nakashima served as a First Circuit District Court judge. He left his first judgeship to "better provide for his family." From 1981 to 1994 he worked at Goodsill Anderson Quinn & Stifel.
In addition, Nakashima has worked as a volunteer arbitrator for the Court Annexed Arbitration Program and as a mediator for the Mediation Center of the Pacific.
Awards and associations
Past associations include:
- Kaimuki High School Foundation (President)
- Youth Service Hawaii (President)
- First Circuit (Oahu) Judges Telephone Listing
- Hawaii State Judiciary Press Release "Chief Justice Moon Appoints Iha, Nakashima, Tanigawa and Viola as District Court Judges," July, 14, 2010
- Hawaii News Now "Four new judges sworn in on Oahu," August 27, 2010
- Hawaii State Judiciary, "First Circuit (Oahu) Judges Telephone Listing"
- Hawaii State Judiciary, "Chief Justice Moon Appoints Iha, Nakashima, Tanigawa and Viola as District Court Judges," July, 14, 2010
- STAND. COM. REP. NO.2, Honolulu, Hawaii, Aug. 05, 2010 RE : JUD. COM. NO. 2