T. Glenn Ellington
|T. Glenn Ellington|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney, Ellington & Ellington|
|Past position 2:||Cabinet secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue|
|Past term 2:||2001-2002|
|Undergraduate:||New Mexico State University, 1984|
|Law School:||University of New Mexico School of Law, 1988|
|Grad. School:||National Judicial College, 1997|
|Candidate for:||1st District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
T. Glenn Ellington is a judge on the First Judicial District Court, Division 7 in New Mexico. He was elected to the court in 2010. He was retained in 2014 for a term that expires on December 31, 2020.
- See also: New Mexico judicial elections, 2014
|Ellington was retained to the 1st District Court with 81.3% of the vote on November 4, 2014.|
Judicial performance evaluation
The New Mexico Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission recommended that Judge Ellington be retained. The full report is available here.
Ellington successfully ran for judge on the First District Court, Division 7. He defeated incumbent David Thompson in the Democratic primary, winning 55% of the vote and ran unopposed in the general election receiving 100% of the vote.
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010
Ellington received his undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University in 1984 and his J.D. in 1988 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. He received a certificate of general jurisdiction from the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada in 1997.
- 2010-2020: Judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 2003-2010: Attorney, Ellington & Ellington
- 2001-2002: Cabinet secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue
- 2000-2001: Judge, New Mexico Court of Appeals
- 1997-2000: District judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 1996-1997: New Mexico public defender
- 1990-1995: Attorney in private practice
- The New Mexican, "Two compete for familiar judicial seat" May 11, 2010
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate List"
- ‘’New Mexico Secretary of State’’, “Unofficial Election Results- General Election- November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results- General Election- November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results"
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results"