T. Glenn Ellington
|T. Glenn Ellington|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney, Ellington & Ellington|
|Past position 2:||Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue|
|Past term 2:||2001-2002|
|Undergraduate:||New Mexico State University, 1984|
|Law School:||University of New Mexico School of Law, 1988|
|Grad. School:||National Judicial College, 1997|
Ellington received his undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University in 1984 and his J.D. in 1988 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. He received a certificate of general jurisdiction from the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada in 1997.
- 2010-2016: Judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 2003-2010: Attorney, Ellington & Ellington
- 2001-2002: Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue
- 2000-2001: Judge, New Mexico Court of Appeals
- 1997-2000: District Judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 1996-1997: New Mexico Public Defender
- 1990-1995: Attorney, Private practice
Ellington successfully ran for judge on the 1st District Court, Division 7. He defeated incumbent David Thompson in the Democratic primary, winning 55% of the vote and ran unopposed in the general election receiving 100% of the vote.
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010
- Official Campaign Website
- News Extras, "T. Glenn Ellington in Race for First Judicial District Seat," May 7, 2010