T. Glenn Ellington
|T. Glenn Ellington|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico First Judicial District Court|
|Past position:||Attorney, Ellington & Ellington|
|Past position 2:||Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue|
|Past term 2:||2001-2002|
|Undergraduate:||New Mexico State University, 1984|
|Law School:||University of New Mexico School of Law, 1988|
|Grad. School:||National Judicial College, 1997|
|Candidate for:||1st District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
He is running for retention in 2014.
|Ellington is running for retention to the 1st District Court. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
Ellington successfully ran for judge on the 1st District Court, Division 7. He defeated incumbent David Thompson in the Democratic primary, winning 55% of the vote and ran unopposed in the general election receiving 100% of the vote.
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010
Ellington received his undergraduate degree from New Mexico State University in 1984 and his J.D. in 1988 from the University of New Mexico School of Law. He received a certificate of general jurisdiction from the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada in 1997.
- 2010-2015: Judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 2003-2010: Attorney, Ellington & Ellington
- 2001-2002: Cabinet Secretary, New Mexico Department of Taxation and Revenue
- 2000-2001: Judge, New Mexico Court of Appeals
- 1997-2000: District Judge, New Mexico First Judicial District Court
- 1996-1997: New Mexico Public Defender
- 1990-1995: Attorney, Private practice
- Official Campaign Website
- News Extras, "T. Glenn Ellington in Race for First Judicial District Seat," May 7, 2010