Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida First Circuit Court|
|Active:||01/19/2007 - 01/2019|
|Past position:||Managing Partner, Ketchel & Lester|
|Past term:||1988 - 2006|
|Undergraduate:||Duke University, 1977|
|Law School:||University of Florida School of Law, 1981|
|Candidate for:||First Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Terrance Ketchel is a judge of the First Circuit Court in Okaloosa County, Florida. He was elected to this position in November of 2006 to replace retired Judge Jere Tolton. Ketchel was sworn in to office on January 19, 2007, was re-elected in 2012, and his current term expires in January of 2019.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
Ketchel attended Duke University on a full football scholarship and graduated from that school in 1977. He then received his law degree from the University of Florida School of Law in 1981.
Ketchel began his career as the legislative director for Congressman Guy Vander Jagt. After four years, he joined the law firm of Sparber, Shevin, Shapo and Heilbronner and opened their Washington, D.C. branch. He worked as senior attorney at that office until 1987, when he returned to Florida. There he opened a branch of the law firm of Burnham, Connelly, Oesterle & Henry. He then started his own law firm, Ketchel & Lester, in 1988, where he practiced until his election to the Circuit Court in 2006.
- First Judicial Circuit of Florida: Terrance R. Ketchel
- Escambia Votes: Elected Officials in Escambia County
- Florida 2012 Unofficial Primary Election Results: Circuit Court Judge
- Florida Department of State, Candidate Listing 2012
- Florida Division of Elections: Terry Ketchel
- Ketchel for Judge - campaign website
- Our Campaigns: Ketchel, Terry - Candidate Details