Theresa M. Cisneros
|Theresa M. Cisneros|
|Current Court Information:|
|Colorado Fourth Judicial District|
|Past position:||Private Practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Colorado at Denver|
|Law School:||University of Denver|
|Candidate for:||Fourth Judicial District|
|Election information 2012:|
|Retention vote %:||69.92%|
Cisneros worked as a Colorado Deputy Public Defender from June of 1986 to September of 1991. She then worked as a private practice lawyer in Colorado Springs from March of 1993 until her judicial appointment in January of 1997.
- See also: Colorado judicial elections, 2012
Judicial performance evaluation
The Fourth Judicial District Commission on Judicial Performance announced its recommendations for judges up for retention in 2012. According to its website, the commission evaluates judges based on the following criteria: integrity, legal knowledge, communication skills, judicial temperament, and administrative performance.
Criticism of process
There are critics of the state's method for evaluating judges. The most common complaint is that the evaluations are simply "rubber stamps" for judges standing for retention. To learn more about this viewpoint, read: The Denver Post, "Evaluating the performance of justices," February 15, 2010.
Judge Cisneros was recommended for retention by an unanimous vote. 
- Official biography of Judge Theresa M. Cisneros
- Colorado Secretary of State, 2012 Official General Election Results
- Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation, Press Release: Judge Evaluations Available on Internet August 7 (dead link)
- Colorado Office of Judicial Performance Evaluation, Theresa M. Cisneros