Thomas J. Seeley
|Thomas J. Seely|
|Current Court Information:|
|First Circuit Court, Tennessee|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice; General counsel, Clinchfield Railroad Co.|
|Undergraduate:||Florida State University, 1967|
|Law School:||University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 1970|
|Candidate for:||First Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Thomas J. Seeley is a judge of the First Circuit Court in Tennessee. He was appointed to the court in August 1985. He was re-elected by voters in 1986, 1990, 1998 and 2006. Seeley was most recently re-elected to the First Circuit Court on August 7, 2014, for a term expiring in 2022.
- See also: Tennessee judicial elections, 2014
| Seely ran for re-election to the First Circuit Court.
Primary: He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 6, 2014.
General: He won without opposition in the general election on August 7, 2014.
Seeley began his career as a trial attorney for the Tennessee Valley Authority. He left that position in 1974 to run his own private law practice in Erwin, Tennessee. He worked in that capacity until 1986. During that time, Seeley also served as an Unicoi County attorney for six years and as general counsel for the Clinchfield Railroad Company. Seeley has also taught as an adjunct professor at East Tennessee State University. From 1997 to 1999, he was the presiding judge of the Tennessee Court of the Judiciary.
- TN Courts.gov, "Judge Thomas J. Seeley Biography," accessed June 6, 2014
- Official website of Washington County, Tennessee, "Circuit Court," accessed June 6, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 3, 2006 General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- The Tennessean.com, "List of candidates in May primary races," February 21, 2014
- Go Vote TN, "August 7, 2014 Unofficial Election Results," accessed August 7, 2014
- TN.gov, "Tennessee Secretary of State Unofficial Election Results Carter County Elections," May 6, 2014
- Martindale.com, "Judge Profile: Thomas J. Seeley," accessed June 6, 2014