Timothy P. McCarthy
|Timothy P. McCarthy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Succeeded by:||Howard K. Coates|
|Past position:||Partner, Boose, Casey, et al|
|Past position 2:||Arbitrator|
|Past term 2:||1980-1998|
|Undergraduate:||Indiana State University, 1968|
|Law School:||University of Notre Dame School of Law, 1971|
|Candidate for:||Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
Timothy P. McCarthy was a judge of the 15th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was appointed in 1998. He was re-elected in 2006 and 2012. Though his final term was to expire in January of 2019, McCarthy resigned in 2014.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
McCarthy was born in Buffalo, New York, on September 9, 1945. He received his B.S. degree from Indiana State University in 1968 and his J.D. degree from the University of Notre Dame School of Law in 1971.
- 1998-2014: Judge, 15th Judicial Circuit Court
- 1980-1998: Arbitrator
- 1991-1998: Partner, Boose, Casey, Ciklin, Lubitz, Martens, McBane & O’Connell
- 1984-1991: Partner, Merola, McCarthy & Cox, P.A.
- 1980-1984: Partner, Perry, McCarthy & Cox, P.A.
- 1975-1980: Partner, Levy, Plisco, Kneen, Shapiro, Kingcade & McCarthy, P.A.
- 1973-1975: Assistant state attorney, 15th Judicial Circuit Court
- 1971-1973: Assistant U.S. attorney, Indiana
- Palm Beach Bar Association, "Judicial Profile - Judge Timothy P. McCarthy," January 2002
- Florida Division of Elections, "Timothy McCarthy," 2006
- Florida Unofficial Primary Election Results, "Circuit Court Judge," 2012
- Office of the Governor, "Governor Scott Appoints Three to the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Court," December 23, 2014
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Listing," 2012
- Lawdiary.com, "Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida," accessed May 7, 2014 Scroll to pp.76-77