Timothy P. McCarthy
|Timothy P. McCarthy|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Florida Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Active:||1998 - 1/2019|
|Past position:||Partner, Boose, Casey, et al|
|Past term:||1991 - 1998|
|Born:||September 9, 1945|
|Home State:||Buffalo, NY|
|Undergraduate:||Indiana State University, 1968|
|Law School:||University of Notre Dame School of Law, 1971|
|Candidate for:||Fifteenth Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
|Primary date:||August 14, 2012|
15th Judicial Circuit Court in Florida. He was appointed in 1998. He was re-elected in 2006 and 2012. His current term expires in January of 2019.
- See also: Florida judicial elections, 2012
McCarthy was born in Buffalo, N.Y. on September 9, 1945. He received his B.S. degree from Indiana State University in 1968 and his J.D. degree from the University of Notre Dame School of Law in 1971.
McCarthy began his career in 1971 as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Indiana. In 1973, he moved to Florida to worked as an Assistant State Attorney in the 15th Judicial Circuit. He left that position in 1975 to join the law firm of Levy, Plisco, Kneen, Shapiro, Kingcade & McCarthy, P.A. as a partner. He later worked as a partner at Perry, McCarthy & Cox, P.A. (1980-84), Merola, McCarthy & Cox, P.A. (1984-91), and Boose, Casey, Ciklin, Lubitz, Martens, McBane & O’Connell (1991-98). He also worked as an arbitrator from 1980 to 1998. He was then appointed to the Circuit Court.
- Florida Bar: Timothy P. McCarthy candidate self-disclosure statement
- 15th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Judges
- 15th Judicial Circuit: Hon. Timothy P. McCarthy
- Palm Beach Bar Association, "Judicial Profile - Judge Timothy P. McCarthy," January 2002
- Florida Division of Elections: Timothy McCarthy, 2006
- Judicial selection in Florida
- Florida 2012 Unofficial Primary Election Results: Circuit Court Judge
- Florida Division of Elections: 2012 Candidate Listing
- Biographies of State and County Court Judges in Florida Scroll to pp.76-77