Tony L. Portra
|Tony L. Portra|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|South Dakota Fifth Judicial Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mike Rounds|
|Past post:||Magistrate judge, Fifth Judicial Circuit|
|Past post 2:||Attorney, Richardson Law Firm|
|Past term 2:||1996-1999|
|Undergraduate:||Moorhead State University, 1991|
|Law School:||University of South Dakota School of Law, 1994|
|Candidate for:||Fifth Judicial Circuit|
|Election information 2014:|
Tony L. Portra is a judge for the South Dakota Fifth Judicial Circuit. Portra was appointed to the court in August 2006 by Governor Mike Rounds. He was re-elected in 2014 for a term that expires in 2022.
- See also: South Dakota judicial elections, 2014
| Portra ran for re-election to the Fifth Judicial Circuit.
General: He was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
- 2006-2022: Judge, Fifth Judicial Circuit
- 1999-2006: Magistrate judge, Fifth Judicial Circuit
- 1996-1999: Attorney, Richardson Law Firm
- 1994-1996: Assistant attorney general, South Dakota Attorney General’s Office
- South Dakota Unified Judicial System, "Fifth Circuit judges," accessed May 17, 2014
- South Dakota State News, "Gov. Rounds Appoints Fifth Circuit Judge," August 14, 2006
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current candidates for primary election - 6/3/2014," updated May 6, 2014, accessed May 8, 2014pg. 62