Victoria Gerrard Chaney
|Victoria Gerrard Chaney|
|Current Court Information:|
|California Second District Court of Appeal|
|Past position:||Superior Court of Los Angeles County Judge|
|Undergraduate:||Mount St. Mary's College, 1967|
|Law School:||Loyola Law School|
Victoria Gerrard Chaney is a justice on the Second District, Division Two of the California Courts of Appeal. She was confirmed to this position on July 1, 2009. Her current term expires in January 2022.
Justice Chaney graduated with a degree in Nursing from Mount Saint Mary's College in 1967. She then worked as a nurse before joining the Loyola Law School, where she graduated with a law degree in 1977. She also attended the University of Southern California for a post-graduate degree in Biology.
Justice Chaney began her legal career as an associate of the firm of Dryden Harrington and Swartz. She then worked at the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for 11 years (ten of which she served as the assistant city attorney of the Civil Liability Division) before her judicial appointment in 1990. She was first appointed by Gov. Deukmejian to the Los Angeles Municipal Court. In 1994, she was promoted to the Superior Court, where she presided until her appointment to the appellate court in 2009.
- See also: California judicial elections, 2010
- California Courts, Associate Justice Victoria Gerrard Chaney
- California Secretary of State: Justices of the California Courts of Appeal (timed out) Scroll to page 4
- Metropolitan News-Enterprise, "Governor Names Chaney, Johnson to C.A.," June 21, 2009
- League of Women Voters: Smart Voter: Profile of Victoria G. Chaney
- California Secretary of State, November 2, 2010 Official Results