The Washington judicial elections consisted of a general election on November 5th.
The filing deadline for judicial candidates was May 17th.
|Statistics from Washington's 2013 judicial elections
|Total candidates (general election):
|% of unopposed candidates
who were incumbents:
|Total candidates elected/re-elected:
|New judges elected:
|| Washington's judicial elections this year were far from competitive. The few judges who ran for re-election all won new terms. Only one of them faced any competition. Three of them didn't even have to appear on the ballot. Due to the counties in which they were located, they were re-elected automatically following the election. For more information on the state's election laws, see this page: Washington judicial elections.
The race of note this year was for the Division 3, District 2 on the Court of Appeals. Recently-appointed incumbent George Fearing defeated John Gary Metro handily, with 70% of the vote.
Court of Appeals
Division 1, District 1
Division 3, District 2
The following candidates filed to run for re-election. Since they were unopposed and ran in counties with populations greater than 100,000, they did not appear on the ballot and were automatically elected.
|The staff at Judgepedia is currently working hard to develop our election pages and insure that we satisfy the needs of our interested readers. This page is still being developed and candidate lists are still being populated. If you would like to assist with elections, please contact: User:Matticus.|
Debra Lev was re-elected without opposition to the Bellingham Municipal Court.
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "2013 Election Dates and Deadlines"
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "For Candidates - 2013 Elections Calendar"
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "Judicial Elections in Washington State"
- ↑ Whatcom County Auditor, Election Division: November 5, 2013 General Election
- ↑ Office of Secretary of State, State of Washington: Elections and Voting, "State of Washington, Voters' Pamphlet," November 5, 2013 General Election