Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit|
|Appointed by:||Bill Clinton|
|Active:||9/29/1994 - 1/7/2013|
|Senior:||1/7/2013 - Present|
|Preceded by:||Howard Markey|
|Past position:||Deputy associate attorney general|
|Past term 2:||1986 - 1994|
|Past position 2:||Deputy solicitor general, U.S. Department of Justice|
|Law School:||Texas School of Law, 1973|
William Curtis Bryson is a Federal Appeals judge serving on senior status for the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He joined the court in 1994 after being nominated by President Bill Clinton. On January 7, 2013, Bryson assumed senior status for the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit after serving on the court for 18 years.
- 1994: Deputy Associate U.S. Attorney General
- 1986-1994: Deputy solicitor general, U.S. Department of Justice
- 1982-1986: Special counsel, Organized Crime and Racketeering Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- 1979-1982: Chief, Appellate Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- 1978-1979: Assistant to the solicitor general, U.S. Department of Justice
- 1975-1978: Private practice, Washington, D.C.
- 1974-1975: Law Clerk, Thurgood Marshall, Supreme Court of the United States
- 1973-1974: Law Clerk, Henry Friendly, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Bryson was nominated by Bill Clinton on June 22, 1994 to a seat vacated by Howard Markey, as Markey retired fully from judicial service. Bryson was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on September 28, 1994 on a majority voice vote and received commission on September 29, 1994. On January 7, 2013 William Bryson assumed senior status for the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit after serving on the court for 18 years.
|Federal judicial offices|
|Court of Appeals for Federal Circuit
Chief Judge: Randall Rader • Kathleen M. O'Malley • Sharon Prost • Pauline Newman • Kimberly Moore • Alan Lourie • Timothy Dyk • Evan Wallach • Jimmie V. Reyna • Richard Gary Taranto • Raymond Chen • Todd Hughes
|Former judges||Paul Michel • Arthur Gajarsa • Daniel Friedman • Glenn Archer • James Almond • Jean Bissell • Phillip Baldwin • Marion Bennett • Arnold Cowen • Oscar Davis • Shiro Kashiwa • Don Laramore • Howard Markey • Jack Miller • Philip Nichols • Helen Nies • Giles Rich • Byron Skelton • Edward Smith • Edward Samuel Smith •|
|Former Chief judges|