Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Brad Henry|
|Preceded by:||Glenn Adams|
|Past post:||District Court Judge|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma, 1970|
|Law School:||Oklahoma City University, 1979|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2012:|
|Election date:||November 6, 2012|
|Retention vote %:||65.6%|
William C. Hetherington, Jr. is a judge on the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals in Oklahoma. He was appointed to the court on November 6, 2009 by Democratic Governor Brad Henry. Hetherington succeeds Glenn Adams on the court, who retired in 2009. Hetherington was retained in 2012 and his current term expires in 2018.
In 1970 Hetherington earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma and In 1979 he earned his law degree from Oklahoma City University.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2012
- Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals website
- The Norman Transcript "A win-win for Oklahoma," November 9, 2009
- NewsOK "Cleveland County judge promoted from trial court to appeals court," November 11, 2009
- Henry Press Release "Gov. Henry Appoints Hetherington to Court of Civil Appeals," November 6, 2009
- The Norman Transcript "Gov. Henry appoints Judge Hetherington to state Court of Civil Appeals," November 7, 2009
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Unofficial 2012 General Election Results Scroll to p.17-18
- Oklahoma State Election Board: Official 2012 General Election Results - Judicial Retention
- Oklahoma.gov: Candidates for General Election, November 6, 2012 Scroll to p.13
|Former||Tom Colbert • John Reif • Charles Chapel • Glenn Adams • Carol Hansen • Doug Gabbard •|