Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina|
|Appointed by:||George W. Bush|
|Active:||09/19/2007 - Present|
|Preceded by:||William Osteen, Sr.|
|Home State:||Greensboro, NC|
|Undergraduate:||U. of North Carolina, B.S., 1983|
|Law School:||U. of North Carolina Law, J.D., 1987|
William Lindsay Osteen, Jr. is an Article III federal judge for the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina. He joined the court in 2007 after being nominated by President George W. Bush. He filled the seat previously held by his father William Osteen, Sr..  On November 1, 2012, Osteen became the Chief Judge of the court. 
Early life and education
Middle District of North Carolina
On the recommendation of North Carolina U.S. Senator Elizabeth Dole, Osteen was nominated to the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina by President George W. Bush on January 9, 2007, to a seat vacated by William Osteen, Sr. as the elder Osteen retired from judicial service. Osteen was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on September 10, 2007 on a Senate vote and received commission on September 19, 2007.
Andrew Giuliani sues Duke University (2010)
*Andrew Giuliani v. Duke University, and Orrin Daniel Vincent III US 1:08CV502
Judge Osteen dismissed a lawsuit filed by Andrew Guiliani, the son of former New York City Mayor Rudy Guiliani. Guiliani sued Duke University over what he perceived was a breach of contract between himself and the university over student-athlete policies. The judge found that the statements presented by Guiliani were inconsistent leading to the dismissal of the lawsuit.
- The Robing Room- Rate Judge Osteen
- Judge William Osteen Jr. FJC Bio from the Federal Judicial Center
- ↑ News Record "Retired Judge Osteen has died", August 10, 2009
- ↑ United States Judicial Branch, Third Branch News: 2/12/2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Judge William Osteen Jr. FJC Bio from the Federal Judicial Center.
- ↑ "THOMAS" William Osteen Jr., USDC, MDNC confirmation:PN25-110
- ↑ NY Daily News "Judge tosses Rudy Giuliani son Andrew Giuliani's suit over getting boot from Duke golf team," March 30, 2010
|Federal judicial offices|
William Osteen, Sr.
|Middle District of North Carolina
|Magistrate judges||L. Patrick Auld • Joi Elizabeth Peake • Joe L. Webster •|
|Former Article III judges|
|Former Chief judges|