|Yvette M. Palazuelos|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Superior Court of Los Angeles County, California|
|Title: || Judge|
|Appointed by: || Gov. Gray Davis|
|Active: || 2000-Present|
|Past post: || Assistant attorney, United States Attorney's Office|
|Past term: || 1990-2000|
|Undergraduate: || Stanford University|
|Law School: || Columbia University|
Yvette M. Palazuelos is a judge for the Superior Court of Los Angeles County in California. She was appointed by former governor Gray Davis in June 2000.
Palazuelos received a bachelor's degree from Stanford University and a J.D. from Columbia University.
Concert promoter not guilty in Michael Jackson wrongful death lawsuit
|October 3, 2013|
|Michael Jackson's family lost a $1.5 billion negligence lawsuit against AEG Live, the promoter for Jackson's comeback tour. The tour was brought to an abrupt end before it even began when the "King of Pop" died in 2009. Dr. Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 when a coroner's report found that Jackson had died from an overdose of a drug administered by the doctor. Jackon's mother, Katherine Jackson filed the negligence lawsuit, claiming that AEG Live was responsible for hiring an incompetent doctor.
The trial was presided over by Judge Palazuelos and lasted 21 weeks. The jurors ruled in favor of AEG.
- ↑ California Courts, Trial Courts Roster
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Los Angeles Times, "Two Prosecutors Named to County Superior Court", June 17, 2000
- ↑ Yvette M. Palazuelos Judge Profile
- ↑ NBC News Channel 4, "Michael Jackson Family Loses $1.5B Lawsuit Against Concert Promoter", October 3, 2013
- ↑ Star Tribune, "Courtroom 'appearances' by Jackson should diminish after trial gave intimate look at singer", October 3, 2013