9th Judicial District, Louisiana
The Ninth Judicial District Court of the Louisiana District Courts is located in Alexandria, Louisiana and presides over Rapides Parish. It is one of Louisiana's 42 judicial districts. The court has both civil and criminal jurisdiction. In the civil realm, its authority extends over contract and property rights, personal injury claims, marriage and family matters and estate cases, among other things. In criminal matters, the court's jurisdiction extends to misdemeanors, felonies, and violations of parish ordinances committed in within Rapides Parish, as well as all criminal proceedings. The court also handles juvenile issues; cases with juvenile offenders, delinquency, adoption, etc.
The Court is composed of seven elected judges and a hearing officer appointed by the judges. Two judges preside over the criminal docket, one presides over the juvenile docket, and the remaining four judges preside over the civil docket. Elected judges serve a six-year term.
- Subcircuit 1
- Subcircuit 2
- Division B - Thomas Yeager, presides over the criminal docket
- Division C - Mary L. Doggett
- Division D - John Davidson
- Division E - Patricia Koch, presides over Juvenile matters
- Division G - Harry Randow, Chief Judge
- Monique Rauls, serves as the court's Hearing Justice, an appointed position