Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|New Mexico Second Judicial District Court|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Bill Richardson|
|Past post:||Attorney, Private practice|
|Undergraduate:||Arizona State University|
|Law School:||University of New Mexico, 1979|
|Candidate for:||2nd District Court|
|Election information 2014:|
Alan Malott is a district court judge in the Second Judicial District of New Mexico. He was appointed to the bench in January 2009 by Gov. Bill Richardson. Malott was retained to a term which ends on January 1, 2015.
He is running for retention in 2014.
|Malott is running for retention to the 2nd District Court. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.|
Malott ran unopposed in the general election, receiving 100% of the vote.
- Main article: New Mexico judicial elections, 2010
- 2009-2015: Judge, New Mexico Second Judicial District Court
- 1979-2009: Attorney, Private practice
District judge rules that discrimination based on sexual orientation applies to marriage
- New Mexico Second Judicial District Court, "Judges," accessed April 17, 2014
- Albuquerque Journal, "Judges sue over veto of raises," April 15, 2014
- Alan Malott's law office website, "Closing notice," accessed April 17, 2014
- Judges of the 2nd Judicial District Court
- See Judicial selection in New Mexico
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate List"
- New Mexico Secretary of State, Unofficial Statewide Results
- Judge Profile: Alan M. Malott on Martindale.com
- "Governor Bill Richardson appointed three new Judges to Second District Court," January 3, 2009
- The Wall Street Journal - Law Blog, "Photographers Discriminated Against Gay Couple, Court Rules," August 22, 2013
- The Washington Times, "ACLU ‘stunned’ as N.M. judge rules gay marriage legal, despite law," August 27, 2013
- Fox News, "Judge orders New Mexico county to issue same-sex marriage licenses," August 27, 2013