Alice Bridget Gibney
|Alice Bridget Gibney|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Rhode Island Superior Court|
|Law School:||Catholic University|
Upon graduation, Judge Gibney became a Superior Court law clerk in 1973. She was in private practice with Anderson, Henning & Anderson from 1974 to 1978 and again from 1979 to 1982 with Boyer, Reynolds & Demarco. From 1978 to 1979 Gibney as an assistant U.S. Attorney in Rhode Island. She has been a Superior Court judge since 1984, and is a Roger Williams University School of Law adjunct professor.
Gibney was one of the first women appointed to the Superior Court. She led the court’s mediation program for 14 years.
- News: Ten Rhode Island judges don't have to contribute to pensions, January 15, 2012
- ↑ The Providence Journal, "Carcieri makes 5 nominations for judgeships," October 23, 2010
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "3 judges apply for R.I. Superior Court post" Providence Journal, August 13, 2009
- ↑ "Judge Alice Gibney nominated as R.I. Superior Court presiding justice" Providence Journal, September 4, 2009
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Judicial hopefuls queried" Providence Journal, August 25, 2009