Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|3rd Circuit Court, Michigan|
|Past position:||Assistant Corp. Counsel, Wayne County|
|Undergraduate:||Marshall University, 1981|
|Law School:||University of Detroit School of Law, 1987|
|Candidate for:||3rd Circuit Court|
|Election information 2012:|
Amy P. Hathaway was a judge of the 3rd Circuit Court (Family Division) in Wayne County, Michigan. She served in this position from 1995, following her election, until 2014. She was re-elected in 2000, 2006 and 2012.
Hathaway began his career in 1986 working in corporate and securities law for Dykema Gossett, PLLC. In 1992, he became Assistant Corporation Counsel for Wayne County and the City of Detroit. He worked in that position until 1994. In 1995, he joined the circuit court.
Hathaway was one of 17 candidates competing for 16 seats on the 3rd Circuit Court. Only one candidate was a non-incumbent. Hathaway was re-elected with 6.85 percent of the vote.
- See also: Michigan judicial elections, 2012
Bar association ratings
The Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association rated candidates running for judicial office in 2012. Candidates were given one of five ratings: Outstanding, Well Qualified, Qualified, Not Qualified or No Rating.
Hathaway was rated as Outstanding.
- Congress.gov, "Congressional Record: February 27, 2014. In Recognition of Judge Amy Hathaway's Service to the Residents of Detroit and Wayne County
- Detroit Lawyer, Biography of Judge Hathaway from Detroit Metro Bar Association (dead link)
- Michigan Dpeartment of State, Michigan 2000 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- Michigan Department of State, Michigan 2006 Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court Incumbents
- Michigan Department of State, Unofficial 2012 General Election Results: 3rd Circuit Court
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee