Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri|
|Appointed by:||Barack Obama|
|Active:||6/9/2010 - Present|
|Preceded by:||E. Richard Webber|
|Past post:||Magistrate Judge|
|Past term:||2001 - 2010|
|Hometown:||St. Louis, MO|
|Undergraduate:||Carleton College, B.A., 1976|
|Law School:||Washington U. School of Law, J.D., 1980|
Audrey Goldstein Fleissig is an Article III federal judge for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Fleissig was confirmed to the court in June of 2010.
Early life and education
During law school, Fleissig clerked for U.S. District Court Judge Edward Filippine. After school, she joined the law firm Peper, Martin, Jensen, Maichel and Hetlage (now Husch Blackwell Sanders) as a civil litigator. In 1991, Fleissig became an Assistant United States Attorney. Next, she was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri in January of 2000. Fleissig served in this position for only a year, since she was appointed a magistrate judge on the court in 2001. In 2010, President Barack Obama nominated her to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Eastern District of Missouri
|Court:||Eastern District of Missouri|
|Progress:||Confirmed 138 days after nomination.|
|Nominated:||January 20, 2010|
|ABA Rating:||Unanimously Well Qualified|
|Hearing:||February 11, 2010|
|Reported:||March 4, 2010|
|Confirmed:||June 7, 2010|
On January 20, 2010, President Obama nominated Judge Fleissig to serve as a judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Judiciary Committee hearing
Fleissig had a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on February 11, 2010. The Committee voted to forward her nomination to the full Senate on March 4, 2010, and the Senate voted 90 - 0 to confirm her to the court on June 7, 2010.
Awards and associations
- Former President of the Women Lawyer’s Association of Greater St. Louis
- Member of the National Association of Women Judge
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri: Audrey G. Fleissig
- Judge Fleissig's biography at the Federal Judicial Center
- St. Louis Daily Record & St. Louis Countian, "Fleissig named magistrate judge for U.S. District Court...," May 2, 2001
- Washington University of Law, "Audrey Fleissi: 2001 Distinguished Young Alumni Award"
- White House Press Release "President Obama Nominates Five to Serve on the United States District Court Bench," January 20, 2010
- Judicial Nomination Materials (dead link)
- Judicial Nominations and Confirmations: 111th Congress
|Federal judicial offices|
E. Richard Webber
|Eastern District of Missouri
|Vacancy Count by Congress|
|Vacancy Count by Year||Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2009 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2010 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2011 • Federal Vacancy Warning System: 2012|