Barbara M. Quinn
|Barbara M. Quinn|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Waterbury District Superior Court, Connecticut|
|Appointed by:||Gov. John Rowland|
|Active:||1996 - January 27, 2021|
|Past post:||Partner,Andrews, Quinn, Cosgrove & Young|
|Undergraduate:||Bryn Mawr College|
|Law School:||Emory University School of Law, 1977|
Barbara M. Quinn is a judge on the Waterbury District Superior Court in Connecticut. Judge Quinn was appointed to the bench in 1996 by Governor John Rowland. Her current term expires January 27, 2021. However, due to Connecticut's mandatory retirement requirements for judges, she must retire when she turns 70. Upon her retirement on October 1, 2013, Judge Patrick L. Carroll III will assume the position of Chief Court Administrator.
Quinn graduated with honors from Bryn Mawr College and was named a New England Regional Scholar. She earned her J.D. from Emory University School of Law in 1977. She was admitted to the bar in the states of Rhode Island and Connecticut in 1977.
- 2003-2007: Adjunct Lecturer, University of Connecticut School of Law
- Judge, Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
- Partner, Andrews, Quinn, Cosgrove & Young
Quinn succeeded the Honorable William Lavery as Chief Court Administrator on November 1, 2007. Between April 2005 and April 2007, she served as chief administrative judge of juvenile matters. She was assigned to the complex litigation docket from 2001 through 2005. From 1997 to 2001, Judge Quinn was assigned to the Regional Child Protection Session of the Superior Court for Juvenile Matters in Middletown. She served as presiding judge from 1999-2001.
- ↑ State of Connecticut-Judicial Branch-Superior Court Judges
- ↑ State of Connecticut, Office of the Secretary of State, "Judicial Department, State Courts", accessed June 6, 2013
- ↑ CBS Local - Connecticut, "Chief Court Administrator Quinn Retiring, Replacement Named", June 14, 2013
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 State of Connecticut, Judicial Branch, "Press release: Chief Justice Rogers appoints Judges Quinn and Carroll to new roles", July 31, 2007, accessed June 6, 2013