Bert I. Ayabe
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|O`ahu First Circuit Court, Hawaii|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Linda Lingle|
|Approval vote:||Hawaii Senate: 25-0|
|Preceded by:||Dan Kochi|
|Past post:||Attorney in private practice|
|Undergraduate:||University of Hawaii|
|Law School:||Hastings College of Law|
Bert I. Ayabe is a judge of the O'ahu First Circuit of Hawaii. He was nominated in 2004 by Governor Linda Lingle to replace retired Judge Dan Kochi and approved by the senate unanimously. On May 19, 2014, Ayabe was retained for another ten-year term, which commenced on June 10, 2014 and ended on June 9, 2024.
Ayabe worked as an associate attorney for the law firms of Kobayashi Watanabe Sugita & Goda, Bollington Stilz & Bloeser, and Kim Sterns Lines & Moore; and was a partner at the firms of Hisaka Furusho Ayabe & Goto and Dandar & Ayabe.
He served as the president of the Hawaii State Trial Judges Association.
- Hawaii State Judiciary, "First Circuit (Oahu) Judges Telephone Listing," accessed May 23, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature, "GM 421," accessed May 23, 2014
- Hawaii State Judiciary, "Four Judges Retained for Another Term," May 19, 2014
- The Judiciary State of Hawaii, "2013 Annual Report," December 31, 2013
- Hawaii State Legislature, "STAND. COM. REP. 3380 Honolulu, Hawaii, 2004, RE:GOV. MSG. NO. 421," accessed May 23, 2014
- Honolulu Star-Bulletin, "Governor nominates 2 for judgeships," March 25, 2004
- Hawaii Free Press, "Lingle seeks public comment on nominees for Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice," June 23, 2010