Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Ohio Ninth District Court of Appeals|
|Past position:||Summit County Court of Common Pleas Judge|
|Law School:||University of Akron School of Law|
|Military service:||US Air Force|
Beth Whitmore is a judge on the Ohio Ninth District Court of Appeals. She was elected to this position in November of 1998  and re-elected in November of 2004 and 2010. Her 6-year term ends on February 10, 2017.
Judge Whitmore received her undergraduate degree from Grinnell College and her law degree from The University of Akron School of Law. Before she entered law school, she served in the Air Force at the Goodfellow Airforce Base. She later worked as an adjunct professor at The University of Akron School of Law. 
Judge Whitmore began her legal career as a lawyer with the national firm of Arter & Hadden. She worked in this position for 14 years and was then appointed to the Summit County Court of Common Pleas. She was subsequently elected to this court, where she judged until 1998.
Awards and achievements
- Appointed to two terms on the Board of Commissioners on Grievance and Discipline 
- See also: Ohio judicial elections, 2010
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Official biography of Judge Whitmore
- ↑ 2004 election results from the Ohio Secretary of State
- ↑ Official website of the Ohio Courts of Appeals
- ↑ The Morning Journal "Court of Appeals judge seeks re-election", February 17, 2010
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, Live Unofficial Election Results
- ↑ The Chronicle-Telegram "Appeals judge runs for her third term", February 17, 2010