Blaine J. Kobayashi
|Blaine J. Kobayashi|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Maui Second Circuit District Court, Hawaii|
|Approval vote:||Hawaii Senate (22-0)|
|Preceded by:||Simone C. Polak|
|Undergraduate:||University of Hawaii|
|Law School:||University of Oregon|
Blaine J. Kobayashi is a judge of the Maui Second Circuit District Court of Hawaii. Kobayashi was nominated by Hawaii Chief Justice Ronald T.Y. Moon to replace Simone C. Polak, whose term expired in May of 2010. Kobayashi's term expires on October 11, 2016.
From 2003 until his appointment, Kobayashi worked for Carlsmith Ball LLP. Prior to that he worked for three years as Deputy Corporation Counsel for the County of Maui, four years as Deputy County Attorney for the County Attorney in Kauai, and five years as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney on Kauai. County.
Awards and associations
Past associations include:
- The Court Annexed Arbitration Program (volunteer arbitrator)
- The Maui County Bar Association (President)
- The Board of Directors of Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- The Iao Intermediate School Renaissance Board
- The Waihee School Parent Teacher Association (President)