Bohdan A. Futey
|Bohdan A. Futey|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|United States Court of Federal Claims|
|Appointed by:||Ronald Reagan|
|Born:||June 28, 1939|
|Undergraduate:||Western Reserve U., B.A., 1962|
|Law School:||Cleveland Marshall Law, J.D., 1968|
|Grad. School:||Western Reserve U., M.A., 1964|
Bohdan A. Futey was a federal judge serving on senior status for the United States Court of Federal Claims. He joined the court in 1987 after being nominated by President Ronald Reagan He served until his term ended in 2002 and assumed senior status.
Early life and education
Futey earned his B.A. in 1962 from Western Reserve University and went on to earn an M.A. from the same school two years later. He attended the Cleveland Marshall Law School for his J.D. and graduated in 1968.
- 1984-1987: Chairman of the Foreign Claims Settlement Commission of the United States
- 1975-1984: Partner, Bazarko, Futey & Oryshkewych
- 1974-1975: Executive Assistant to the Mayor of Cleveland
- 1972-1974: Chief Assistant Police Prosecutor, City of Cleveland
- 1968-1972: Partner, Futey & Rakowsky
Futey was nominated to the United States Court of Federal Claims by President Ronald Reagan on January 30, 1987. Futey was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on May 27, 1987 and immediately began his duty. His term ended in 2002 and he transitioned to senior status.
Awards and associations
- Advisor to the International Foundation for Electoral Systems
- Official observer, Ukranian Parliamentary elections, 1994 and 1998, and Presidential elections, 1994
|Former Article I judges||
Alex Kozinski • Emily C. Hewitt • Lawrence M. Baskir • Christine Odell Cook Miller • George W. Miller • Bohdan A. Futey • Robert H. Hodges, Jr. • Lawrence S. Margolis • Loren A. Smith • Robert J. Yock • Thomas J. Lydon • Reginald W. Gibson • John L. Napier • John-L-Napier.jpg •
|Former Chief judges|