Brenda S. Stedham
|Brenda S. Stedham|
|Current Court Information:|
|Alabama Circuit 7|
|Position:||Family Court Division|
|Succeeded by:||Peggy P. Miller Lacher|
|Past position:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||University of Alabama Law School|
|Candidate for:||Alabama Circuit 7|
|Election information 2014:|
Stedham was defeated while running for re-election in 2014 and left the bench at the end of her term on January 18, 2015.
- See also: Alabama judicial elections, 2014
| Stedham ran for re-election to the 7th Circuit Court.
Primary: She was defeated in the primary on June 3, 2014, receiving 44.6% of the vote. She competed against Peggy P. Miller Lacher.
Stedham received her B.A. cum laude in political science from Birmingham-Southern College and her J.D. from the University of Alabama Law School. In 2009, Stedham completed the two-week general jurisdiction course at the National Judicial College as well as a one-week training on family courts. In 2012, Stedham completed a week of judicial training on drug courts. She has attended state judicial training two times each year since she took the bench in 2009.
- 2009-2015: Presiding judge, Circuit 7, Family Court Division
- 2001-2009: Attorney in private practice
- 1981-2001: Vice president and partner, Dillon, Field, Monk & Stedham
Awards and associations
- Past president, Calhoun-Cleburne Bar Assoc.
- Past president, Pelham Merrill Inn of Court
- Member, State Circuit Judges' Education Committee
- Founding president, Cheaha Republican Women
- Member, Calhoun County Republican Executive Committee
- Founding member, Anniston Morning Rotary Club
- Member and past board of directors member, Anniston Rotary Club
- Member, Alabama Women's Commission (appointed by Governor Robert Bentley)
- Member, Women’s Executive Network
- Member, Community Foundation of Northeast Alabama
- Graduate of Leadership Calhoun County (LCC)
- Former member (two times), LCC Board of Directors
- Member, Board of Directors of the Knox Concert Series Board (since the early 1990s)
- Past officer of the local chapter of the Birmingham-Southern Alumni Association
- Past chairman of the administrative council, past member of the board of trustees, past member of the Staff-Parish Committee (twice) and past member of the Finance Committee at the First United Methodist Church of Anniston, AL
- Previously served as attorney for the Cheaha District (formerly the Anniston District) of the Northeast Alabama United Methodist Church (over twenty years)
- Past trustee of the Cheaha District (over ten years)
- Member, East Alabama Community Council, Leading Edge Institute
- Alabama Circuit Courts
- Calhoun County, Alabama
- Cleburne County, Alabama
- Judicial selection in Alabama
- Alabama State Bar, "Circuit 7 officials and contact information," accessed April 24, 2014
- Leadership Institute, "LI’s Graduate of the Week is Honorable Brenda Stedham," August 29, 2011
- The Anniston Star, "Miller-Lacher unseats Stedham in Circuit Court race," June 3, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Sample ballot for Calhoun County Alabama," accessed April 24, 2014.'
- Information submitted via Judgepedia's biographical submission form on 5/5/2013