Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Current Court Information:|
|Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals|
|Appointed by:||Gov. Mary Fallin|
|Preceded by:||Carol Hansen|
|Past post:||Attorney, Toon Osmond PLLC|
|Undergraduate:||University of Oklahoma|
|Law School:||University of Tulsa College of Law|
|Candidate for:||Court of Civil Appeals|
|Election information 2014:|
Brian Goree is a judge on the Court of Civil Appeals in Oklahoma. He was appointed to this position by Governor Mary Fallin in August 2012 to replace Judge Carol Hansen, who resigned in January 2012. He was retained in 2014 for a term that expires on January 10, 2021.
- See also: Oklahoma judicial elections, 2014
|Goree ran for retention to the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals. The general election took place on November 4, 2014.|
Goree has practiced law since 1989, primarily focusing on litigation research and writing. He worked as an associate at Secrest, Hill and Butler, and was the head of research and writing at Latham, Wagner, Steele and Lehman, a civil defense firm in Tulsa. At the time of his appointment to the Court of Civil Appeals, Judge Goree was working at Toon Osmond PLLC.
Awards and associations
- Past chairman, Appellate Practice Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.Cite error: Invalid
name cannot be a simple integer. Use a descriptive title
- Governor Mary Fallin, "Press Release: Gov. Fallin appoints Brian Goree to the Court of Civil Appeals," August 20, 2012
- Oklahoma Elections, "Candidate List, 2014 General Election," accessed October 17, 2014
- Tulsa World, "Tulsa lawyer Brian Goree named to Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals," August 21, 2012